Having a house constructed or a house renovated will bring about dirt and dust in every square inch of a home, inside and out.
When taking on a builders or renovation clean, many regular house cleaners don’t realise just how much work is involved in getting a home ready for a new tenant.
I say this only because we have taken over or even completely re-done construction cleaning jobs, which regular house cleaning companies attempted first. It is vital that cleaners are trained in dealing with the dust & debris involved in construction clean ups.
Things we notice are:
- The lack of knowledge for removing the huge amount of dust created from renovations or construction work.
- Regular house cleaning products just don’t cut through the dirt & debris left on floors.
- Home vacuum cleaners don’t handle or are even made to deal with construction dust.
- Windows need more than a spray & wipe; they firstly need the dust removing along with any stickers & then professionally washing. (A recent customer was devastated to see the cleaners that he hired, had badly scratched his brand new windows, resulting in instant replacement!).
- Equipment – Scrubbers & buffers are sometimes the only way to remove ground in dirt from construction sites depending on the floor type.
- Carpets will need to be professional cleaned if they were laid & not protected.
Read here: How to remove construction dust
Do your research when looking for a trained construction cleaner.